International Committee of the Red Cross
ARMED FORCES PROGRAMME ASSISTANT - MOGADISHUMogadishu
ARMED FORCES PROGRAMME ASSISTANT
About the Job
The Armed Forces and Security (FAS) Programme Assistant supports the implementation of the objectives of the Delegation in relation with the armed and security forces by carrying out FAS activities. S/he maintains contact with authorities, mainly military and security forces and participates in meetings with different interlocutors within the region in a supporting role.
This is a national/resident position based in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the delegation in understanding arms-carrier structures at federal, regional, and local level
- Creates, develops, and maintains a networks within the military and security forces or other relevant external interlocutors
- Represents the ICRC at his/her level of expertise with international humanitarian law (IHL), international human rights law (IHRL) and ICRC activities including briefings and training of arms carriers
- Supports the delegation in forces and security (FAS) related matters within his/her level of expertise
- Regularly provides analysis on military and security matters of relevance
- Organizes meetings and contacts under the direction of FAS Delegate and the Deputy Head of Sub delegation, applying the relevant administrative and logistics procedures
- Prepares minutes following FAS meetings and contributes to written reporting, interpretation, and translation
- Collects and shares information in written and verbal briefs on military and security activities to enhance the Delegates understanding of the environment and humanitarian implications, trends, and responses
- Prepares, conducts, assesses, and follows up dissemination activities with the military or security forces on international humanitarian law (IHL), international human rights law (IHRL) and ICRC activities
- Organising the administrative and logistics procedures including briefing and reporting material
- Maintains and updates the stock of different ICRC publications needed for the different activities
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, international relations or any other related field of study
- Five (5) years professional experience in a similar field; specialized security training and experience
- Knowledge of political and security situations within the country; specially armed forces and security activities
- Ability to network, represent the organization externally and engage in dialogue with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of International humanitarian law/international human rights law is desirable
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Upholds a high level of responsibility and confidentiality
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
- Certificate of Good conduct
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to Apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 7 June 2023. Clearly indicate the position title FAS Programme Assistant Mogadishu in the subject line of your email message.
For a complete job application, click on this link to fill the application form: FAS Programme Assistant
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.