Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
Human Resource Manager– NCA (Mogadishu Somalia) Somali National Contract (One Year Contract)Mogadishu
Introduction to NCA:
Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is one of the largest aid organizations in the Nordic region. We are there in disasters and emergencies to provide water and critical assistance to those affected. Together with our international network and partner organizations in the ACT Alliance we are able to reach millions of people each year and help make a positive difference around the world. We are determined to work towards eradicating injustice, and we therefore work passionately with advocacy, long-term development in local communities and providing emergency assistance. As we see more and more people impacted by disasters, we now have an even stronger focus on providing more people with emergency relief and access to clean water. We believe that people in need must be helped, and we will not stop fighting for a just world.
In Somalia, NCA provides assistance to IDPs, refugees, returnees and host communities affected and has been present in Somalia since 1993. In Somalia, NCA implements programmes in the thematic areas of GBV, WASH, Peace building, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment and Education for Peace and Sustainable Development as a contextual programme.
Information about the position: NCA is seeking a Human Resource Manager, for our Somalia Programmes, to be based in the Regional Office in Mogadishu, Somalia. This is a One-year Somali National contract, that may be renewed subject to performance and availability of funds. With a start date of as soon as possible.
1. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Overall Human Resource leadership and personnel responsibility for the NCA Somalia staff as according to NCA Global Leadership Platform and line management responsibilities and expectations
· Active member in the Somalia Senior Management Team (SMT), and co-responsible to guide and ensure organizational development in accordance with NCA strategy, objectives, and plans, while preserving the HR perspective.
· Enforcing and oversee that all current NCA HR policies, procedures, routines, and activities are performed and adhered to in NCA Somalia, as according to NCAs global HR standards and contextual requirements
· Ensuring that NCA Somalia is acting according to relevant laws and legislation, especially governing INGOs in Somalia
· Proactively empower the managers at NCA Somalia to perform their line mangers duties and provide support and advice on HR matters
2. MAIN TASKS
· Provide leadership and advice in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and ensuring that staff and manager are conversant with the content of NCA Staff Handbook and National Legislation Appendix.
· Ensure compliance and maintenance digital / physical documentation as required by current NCA HR policies and contextual requirements
· Act as dedicated focal point for HR support for the SMT, staff and other managers in NCA Somalia. Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances and other concerns.
· Provide capacity building and training for staff and managers based on need
· Administrate the digital HR system and maintain orderly records of all personnel both digitally and physically.
· Managing all the HR processes within NCA Somalia, including recruitment, talent acquisition, on-boarding, performance evaluation, mandatory training, leave and R&R, discipline, end of contract/termination and other HR processes.
· Any other HR, and related, task assigned by the line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree
- At least 7 years relevant, and management, experience (e.g. HRM, admin, leadership)
- Proven experience with international and national HRM, preferably from the INGO sector
- Solid leadership experience, including conflict management, strategic workforce planning, performance management
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies, national legislation, standards and expectations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other digital collaboration tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Great English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in high-quality recruitment processes and building capacity among new and current staff and managers
Ability to advance multiple simultaneous processes and tasks, as well as to lead HR processes
Experience of working in Somalia Programs is an added advantage.
· The position holder will be subject to multi-directional demands and should be able to manage their time effectively.
· The job requires the holder to be available beyond the official working hours.
· Occasional tasks/travel may expose the position holder to risks.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Applicants, who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should submit an application letter indicating current and expected remuneration, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of their certificates and any other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th December 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NCA is an equal opportunity employer and women, people with disabilities, and those from marginalized backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Only Somali nationals are eligible to apply.