Action Against Hunger USA
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) SpecialistMogadishu
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
providing oversight for all program’s planning, evaluation, knowledge management and monitoring. The MEAL Specialist will develop and oversee monitoring systems to track success of program implementation, identify performance indicators, develop quality assurance strategies and train program employees. In addition, will be to improve data systems - collection, storage, use – to increase effectiveness and scalability of M&E systems, conduct and oversee analysis of data from day-to-day M&E activities. Additionally, the MEAL Specialist will prepare high-quality reports for internal and external audiences.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
Development of data collection tools, methodologies and systems
- Review and design appropriate information collection tools and methodologies including ToRs, questionnaires, data entry tools, coding and upload in online platforms
- Develop appropriate project MEAL tools and methodologies, identifying MEAL priorities for projects and follow up on the timelines.
- Ensure that all the designed tools, methodologies and other MEAL activities are in line with Action Against Hunger policies, cluster guidelines and other humanitarian standards such as CHS and Sphere etc.
- Ensure accuracy of data with the field MEAL officers and support in in data cleaning.
Quantitative & qualitative surveys
- Take the lead on conducting requisite evaluations, Post Distribution Monitoring (PDMs), beneficiary Satisfaction Surveys, Post Implementation Monitoring and other related household, FGD, KII qualitative and quantitative assessments in all relevant project locations as per agreement project MEAL plan
- Provide leadership and guidance in survey and assessment process, ensuring the full participation of all parties from planning through data collection to reporting and drawing of conclusions and recommendations.
- Organize a ‘lessons learnt’ assessment and ‘recommendations development’ workshop/meetings following each assessment documenting key areas for improvement / amendment at the next assessment, ensure findings are used to improve the process of the next survey and create recommendations for program
Management & Support
- Contribute in developing, updating, upgrading country MEAL strategy, developing structure, process and procedures for the effective and efficient MEAL of the Action Against Hunger's ongoing programs.
- Participate in regular project review exercises and technical working group meetings.
- Provide information as required to the respective technical clusters and donors in relation to humanitarian data and be proactive in alerting Action Against Hunger and partners to any humanitarian data, which is of concern.
- Provide input to donor proposals and reports as required and ensure that data is correctly presented in such documents and accurately reflects the situation on the ground.
- Conduct capacity building trainings (where needed) for Action Against Hunger and implementing partners
Learning and project quality
- Support in the development and operationalization of a consortium knowledge management and learning strategy
- Support consortium MEAL and program teams to better document and integrate knowledge and learning in their daily activities through support in the development of appropriate tools, guidance notes and of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
- Organize and facilitate internal and external learning events and participate in the development of review and closure meetings
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a Humanitarian professional with
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in Social Science, Economics, or Statistics)
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools.
- Extensive knowledge in (quasi-) experimental program evaluation designs
- Broad experience in the design and implementation of capacity building activities in M&E
- High level of proficiency in Windows Excel and/ or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, ODK)
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
- Excellent management, communication (oral presentation and written) and organizational skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Previous experience in Somalia desirable
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
How to Apply
To apply click on the link below.
Action Against Hunger - Current Openings (workable.com)