Pre-qualified Enumerators – South Central SomaliaMogadishu/South Central
Alma Research is a Somalia-based regional private research and consulting firm. Alma is a leading supplier of field research, monitoring, verification, and evaluation services across Somalia and in the Somali populated areas of Eastern Africa, with main offices in Mogadishu in South Central, and registered offices in Hargeisa in Somaliland, Nairobi in Kenya, Addis Ababa in Ethiopia, and Djibouti. Alma has significant presence in all the regions with extensive networks throughout, having carried out a wide range of research implementation exercises. Alma leverages its vast experience of managing and coordinating large-scale data collection, third party monitoring assignments, research activities in sectors such as migration, health and other sectors across Somalia and Somaliland.. For more information visit https://alma-africa.com.
Alma Research is looking for pre-qualified enumerators to conduct field data collection (for both qual and quant methods) and support in undertaking assessments and survey in South Central Somalia regions.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Conduct Baseline, Midline and Endline surveys.
- Conduct HH surveys and phone surveys when necessary
- Capture data using Mobile Data Collection Platforms.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents, build good rapport, and trust relationship with the respondents.
- Inform Project Coordinators on daily field issues including technical and operational issues.
- Ensure that the data collected is of high quality.
- Conduct FGD and KII and transcribe the Reponses in English
- Prospective candidates must have strong interpersonal skills as well as good qualitative and quantitative skills
- Fluency in both spoken and written English as well as excellent Somali language is required.
- Knowledge of the local context
- Willingness to work in demanding, stressful situations under difficult field working conditions with respect for basic security rules;
- Diploma or degree in Development studies, statistics and other relevant courses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and Cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Pre-qualified Enumerators – South Central”.
Location: Mogadishu/South Central regions. Closing date: 15 June 2023