Somali Relief and Development Society
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state
characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic
human needs such as Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, Protection and Food Security and Livelihood. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established SORDES which stands for Somali Relief and Development Society is a non-political, not-for-profit, and non-religious Somalia NGO, was established in South-central Somalia
region in June 2006 by a group of concerned Somali intellectuals to respond to increased
suffering, starvation and death of the communities badly affected by the civil conflict and famine
in Somalia through the establishment of community-based rehabilitation and development
Thus, SORDES has been present in most part of Somalia since 2006 addressing the humanitarian needs of the utmost vulnerable communities.
The project manager will have the following roles and responsibilities;
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with nutrition project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process.
- Ensure that nutrition facilities share the data on monthly basis.
- Ensure to attend regional coordinating nutrition workshop and nutrition clusters.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ensure to provide support in project oversight.
Skills and Experiences
- A bachelor’s degree or master's degree in a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Experience of 3-4 years in Nutrition
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Budget management experience.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to SORDES Office in Kismayo not later than 20th September 2021.
Application received after this date will not be considered.
SORDES is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified talents, therefore we encourage female candidates to apply.
SORDES will not discriminate in terms of age, gender, disability, race and marital status in all job opportunities.