Somali Relief and Development Society
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state
characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic
human needs such as Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, Protection and Food Security and Livelihood. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established SORDES which stands for Somali Relief and Development Society is a non-political, not-for-profit, and non-religious Somalia NGO, was established in South-central Somalia
region in June 2006 by a group of concerned Somali intellectuals to respond to increased
suffering, starvation and death of the communities badly affected by the civil conflict and famine
in Somalia through the establishment of community-based rehabilitation and development
Thus, SORDES has been present in most part of Somalia since 2006 addressing the humanitarian needs of the utmost vulnerable communities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision of the stabilization center manager, the stabilization center Doctor will have the following stabilization center functions:
- Daily calculation of the quantity of food needed for the day to day based on the number of children present in phase I and transition or refers the work to somebody who will calculate and he supervises him.
- Order the food for the SC In collaboration with the hospital dietician.
- Order the drugs for the SC In collaboration with the pharmacist.
- Manage the daily collection of the number of new admissions and exists and attendance from the registrar.
- Weekly checks and transmit the statistics to the stabilization center manager
- Give feed back to the team and take appropriate action
- Compiles monthly reports and submits to coordinators and hospital/state leadership
- Provision of high quality care to complicated SAM cases
- Provide clinical care to complicated cases of SAM admitted at the stabilization center(SC)
- Ensure clinical care provided at the SC is in accordance with the National guidelines for inpatient Management of SAM
- Mentor and provide on the- job training on stabilization care and documentation to nurses and other health workers deployed to the SC to ensure:
- Respect of approved protocol for management of acute malnutrition
- Correct use of programme monitoring and evaluation (recording tool).
- Appropriate use of resources, stock control and ordering procedures
- Ensure to monitor the SC on regular basis, and also to make referrals to other sites in case of recoveries to OTP sites.
- Ensure to supervisor facility nurses and auxiliary nurses.
- Perform any other duties as recommended by the immediate supervisor.
- Medical degree (MBBS:MB, Bch) from a recognized/accredited university
- At least three years post-graduation experience
- Previous experience with other local and International NGO’S
- Experience in Nutrition in community based programs
- Training and experience on treatment of acute malnutrition
- Fluency in English and Somali
- Experience in managing Nutrition program in complex emergencies
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to live under pressure in an unstable security environment
- Excellent computer skills MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, Epi- info/SPSS outlook and the internet
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to email@example.com or delivered to SORDES Office in Kismayo not later than 20th September 2021.
Application received after this date will not be considered.
SORDES is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified talents; therefore we encourage female candidates to apply.
SORDES will not discriminate in terms of age, gender, disability, race and marital status in all job opportunities.