Safeguard SpecialistBaidoa & Garowe
- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
- SURP II is a municipal governance & infrastructure development project financed by the WB & its partners, aimed at improving access to urban infrastructure & strengthening municipal governance in Somalia.
- The FGOS through the BRA - Mogadishu representing all 4 municipalities of Mogadishu, Kismayo, Garowe & Baidoa has selected our clients to provide the consulting services for the urban transport infrastructure works to be executed by the PIU of the respective municipalities under the project. The works involve construction of urban roads to bitumen standards, construction of associated drainage works & installation of streetlights, by the contractors engaged by the respective PIU.
- The scope of this engagement is to provide technical assistance to the PIUs in the works implementation & contracts managements in the areas of implementation support, technical supervision, performance monitoring, quality control etc., as well as contributing to PIUs capacity buildings.
The Safeguard Specialist will assist the PIU’s Environmental & Social Safeguard Specialist for the preparation & update of the project level environmental, social framework instruments & monitoring / reporting on implementation of these instruments. The specific roles & responsibilities are:
- Assist the PIU’s Environmental & Social Safeguard Specialist for the preparation of the project level instruments such as ESMP / SEP, RAP, LMP, SMP etc.
- Contribute to ensure that project activities are undertaken in full compliance with WB's environmental & social standards.
- Assist in social & environmental related data collection, monitoring & reporting activities.
- Engaged in environmental, social safeguard framework & plans awareness raising among the community members & IPs to seek full support to the plans implementation.
- Advise the Resident Engineer on environmental & social safeguard non compliances & improvement opportunities for communicating with the PIU.
- Involved in PIU staff capacity building through knowledge sharing & on the job training on environmental & social safeguard related areas.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Resident Engineer.
- This role reports to the Resident Engineer.
- University Degree in Environmental or Social related area is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in environmental & social impact assessment / management is required.
- Community consultation experience is required.
- Good communication skills, report writing skills, fluency in English & Somali language are required.
- Familiarity & experience with the application of WB safeguards framework in development projects is an advantage.
- This role has no team management responsiblity.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to appyly for this role.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: